Here at Woolbabe we are proud to not only create an award-winning quality product, but to do this in a way that is sustainable, responsible and ethical.
Our unique natural fibre blend of 70% organic cotton and 30% Merino is what makes Woolbabe so soft, comfortable and breathable. Woolbabe keeps baby cool and fresh in warmer temperatures, and toasty warm in cooler weather.
Our Duvet weight winter sleeping bags are filled with 220g Merino and lined with 100% organic cotton making it one of the cosiest sleeping bags available for the cold season.
Woolbabe sleepwear and swaddles are made from the same unique blend of natural fibres making them luxuriously soft and cosy like our Woolbabe sleeping bags.
Sustainable in our delivery to customers:
- Woolbabe products are made to last with natural fibres – Merino and soft Organic Cotton. Not only are these fibres gentler on your skin, we ensure they are produced in an ecologically and socially responsible way.
- Include quality YKK zips and press studs which are proven to fail less and last longer.
- Sleeping Bags are generously sized so your child can wear them over the full age range, which usually cover 2 winters/years per size.
- Products come with a natural reusable cotton gift bag which have a life beyond their original purpose, as supermarket produce bags, and handy clothing and shoe bags.
- Product care information cards are printed on recyclable card.
- By offering high-quality products we avoid fast fashion, and hope that our items are handed down and reused several times over their lifetime.
Woolbabe has been recognised with 2 great honours from the Australian Non-Toxic Awards for our efforts in being sustainable and ethical. The Australian Non-Toxic Awards celebrate exceptional products that encourage a safe, healthy, non-toxic environment for families. Independent expert panellists judge each entry on the quality of ingredients and materials, ethics of ingredients and materials, sustainability, responsible manufacture, quality and function. Woolbabe was recognised as having superior product and received 2 awards in 2020, both the ‘GOLD WINNER - Best Baby Sleeping Bag’ and ‘Editor's Choice - Baby Sleeping Bag.’
Australian Non-toxic Awards 2020 - GOLD WINNER - Best Baby Sleeping Bag
Australian Non-toxic Awards 2020 - Editor's Choice - Baby Sleeping Bag
Sustainable in our production process:
- The raw wool we use passes the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS), which is a voluntary standard that addresses the welfare of sheep and the land they graze on. The RWS certification requires wool farmers to have a progressive approach to managing their land, practice holistic respect for animal welfare of the sheep and respect the Five Freedoms of animal welfare.
- The cotton we use in both our Merino-Cotton blend as well as the lining in our Duvet Sleeping Bags are Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified, which is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres.
- Our Woolbabe fabric we use for our striped range is Oeko-Tex® certified, which means it is safe, environmentally friendly and have been manufactured in a socially responsible way. The factory that produces our products is a small, locally run business that employs local workers. They are just as eager as we are to make the best possible products for our customers.
- Our products are always delivered to us with zero plastic, as we want to ensure the process from end-to-end is as environmentally friendly as possible.