You are welcome to contact us at any time to review you or your company's contact details that are held in our customer database.
We will only use your data to help us make your shopping experience the best we can.
Your privacy and trust is important to us. We’ll look after your data like it’s our own.
We're easy to reach when you decide you no-longer want hear from us.
The Woolbabe website and our services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older located in Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America or the United Kingdom and are not intended for use by anyone outside of Australia, New Zealand, the USA or the UK.
- When you place an order, your name, company name, billing or delivery address, order history with us, email address, phone number and encrypted version of your log in password are recorded. Depending on how you choose to interact with us we may also record your social media handle, screen name, job title or company name.
- Conversations, interactions or email communications with our staff may be recorded against your account to help us to offer you a better standard of customer service.
- Images that you have supplied to us electronically
- Use of our social media platforms
- Preferences concerning types of products or services.
Ordinarily personal data will be collected directly from you when you interact or place an order with us. This may be information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
To process orders that you make through our website we must collect your personal data during the checkout, if we don’t, we can’t comply with our legal obligations or process your order. We may also keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to help to respond to your order queries, refund requests, complaints, guarantees etc that might arise in the future, as well as help us to know how we may have previously communicated with you. Your details may be passed to a third party such as NZ Post so that we can deliver your order.
By providing your email address and/or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services. The messages you receive from us will have instructions for how you can easily unsubscribe and remove yourself from our mailing list.
Personal data held by Woolbabe will be accessible by Woolbabe staff where it is necessary for that staff member to carry out their duties.
Woolbabe implements and maintains security measures that are designed to provide reasonable protection against the loss, interference or misuse of your personal data and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal data. Communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. We may allow third parties to monitor our network for security and data assurance purposes.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter, or re-supply, your personal information to us. At times, we may need to retain your information for a longer period where we need the information to comply with regulatory or legal requirements or where we may need it for our legitimate purposes. If we do not need to retain information for this period of time, we may destroy, delete or anonymise it more promptly.
You can choose not to give us your personal data. However, if you do not provide your information to us, we will not be able to:
- Provide you with the product or service you want;
- Respond to your requests or enquiries;
- Manage or administer your product or service;
- Personalise your experience with us; or
- Verify your identity or protect against fraud.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the following rights to:
- Request that we supply you (or a nominated third party) with an electronic copy of the personal data that you have provided us with; In New Zealand The Privacy Act 2020 (“Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $50 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we will make best efforts to complete within 5 working days. In Australia under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. Information we hold about you can be accessed by logging into your account on the website. You should ensure the information, such as delivery address and email, is up to date and accurate. Subject to the exceptions of APP 12.3, you may make a request to receive any additional information we may hold about you, and we will provide this information to you within a reasonable time.
- Inform us of a correction to your personal data;
- Exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal data;
- Exercise your right to erase your personal data;
- Withdraw consent at any time for the processing of your personal data;
- Object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data; or
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Our ability to exercise these rights will depend on a number of factors and, in some instances, we will not be able to comply with your request, for example, because we have legitimate grounds for not doing so or where the right does not apply to the particular data we hold about you. Contact us at email@example.com if you have a query or you would like to make a complaint.
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able make corrections and/or updates through the account page on our website. Otherwise you can contact us to update the information we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find that the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact is and we will update it for you.
Social Media Policy
Please view our social media and user generated content agreement here.